Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Vintage Venture

Paul and I enjoy antiquing. Really enjoy it. As a matter of fact, I've collected a lot of stuff over the years simply because I liked it; not necessarily because I could put it to use. Thus, I have a plethora of vintage pieces that need a loving home. I tried Internet sales but that just didn't work for me for a number of reasons. So...

After much consideration, I've decided to take the plunge and become an antiques dealer. I now have a small space at a local antiques center and am waiting for my very own tax ID number! It sounds so cool to have my very own tax ID number but I'm sure that will pass when I have to pay my quarterly taxes to the State of NJ! Anyway, with the help of my hubby (carrying many, many boxes up a flight of stairs) and my son's precious girlfriend, Danielle, (providing her design expertise arranging the shelves) we quickly filled the space and have more waiting at home still to be inventoried and priced.

I'm so excited about this new venture! Next step: hitting the auctions scene!

No comments: