Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Challenge To Love

An unpleasant circumstance has re-entered my life after many years of dormancy, which I cannot air publicly.  The circumstance (as it shall be know in this post) has the potential to make my life (and those of some of my loved ones) a bit, shall we say, challenging and most unpleasant.  I'm sorry. I know I'm being way too vague.  But suffice it to say that this circumstance is going to challenge me to love the unlovable when my very being wants to not love.

Then, I got to thinking.  About me.  How unlovable I was (and still am, sometimes).  And how a loving God sent His Son to suffer the most agonizing of deaths for me.  Sinful, unlovable me.  It changes my perspective about the circumstance and I pray that I will be able to show love and kindness and patience when presented with the opportunity to do so.

No comments: