Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's Been A Long Time!

Almost two years have past since my last post.  So much has happened in my little life.  Let's see - my health has improved vastly as I have lost a considerable amount of weight.  I discovered Pinterest! Ha!  Funny how this is a life-altering event, isn't it?  You Pinterest fans will understand.  I went back into the workforce!  Yes, I'm no longer a stay-at-home granny but my family is still my whole life.  I just have to work it around regular business hours!

I decided to go back into the work force for a couple reasons.  One, my husband's work status has been kind of 'iffy' lately and I fet he needed the support.  Oh, we prayed about it, of course.  And I was willing to do whatever the Lord had for me. 

So a job landed in my lap.  One that I didn't even think would come about.  It is stress-free.  My boss is a perfect boss.  What more can I say?  This job has made returning to full-time work doable.  The commute is annoying to say the least but I get to talk to the Lord asking Him to please remove all this traffic out of my way.  Seriously, though, I do get some prayer time in - just can't close my eyes or lower my head!

The second reason is a spinoff of the first.  Because of my husband's tenuous job situation, we were seriously considering moving out of New Jersey.  Not too far but far enough that I would be traumatized being away from my children and grandchildren.  They're just so much a part of our lives and we love them beyond measure.  My working will keep us in the Garden State longer than planned.

So that's it for now.  I'm home today (another story) and need to go fetch a certain grandgirl from school and spend the day with her and her sister.

No comments: