Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Now I know What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

THREE LIFE-CHANGING EVENTS

I plodded along during those many years and I must say, it's a good thing I'm a survivor - stubborn and rebellious - or I would never have made it.

Seriously, I believe God was with me every step of the way and even though I was a disappointment to Him at times - many times, as a matter of fact - He never stopped loving, caring, guiding, directing my life.

Here are my life-changing events:

1. I went to a therapist who helped our marriage tremendously! I went to her to fix "me" but instead it became a time when Paul and I could sit back and look and our relationship. Thank you God for using Molly!

2. We reconnected with old friends. This worked wonders on bringing Paul and I closer together. During our times together, we laughed and laughed...it was like a healing balm to us individually and as a couple.

3. I went through a time of being in the desert spiritually and I finally came to the realization that I alone am responsible for my spiritual health. I cannot blame anyone else. This was the hardest lesson to learn.

These 'life-changing' events may not seem like a big deal to most folks, but to me they were just what I needed in my life at just the right times.

NEXT: Ok, so what is next?

No comments: